Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Opening Narration is a brief monologue given by the Spelunker whenever the game is loaded up. The narration consists of a three-line, first-person past-tense description of what of the Spelunker was doing just prior to entering the caves.
The narrations are generated in a mix-and-match style--the first line is chosen randomly from a group of potential first lines, the second line from a group of possible second lines, and so on for the third. The second line always begins with "I," and the third line begins with "and." The first two lines end with a comma, and the final line ends with a full stop.
My memory slipping away from me,
I drained the rest of my canteen,
and held my hat against the wind.
Putting the faded photo in my pocket,
I squeezed the whip at my side,
and thought of her one last time.
List of First LinesEdit
- After I double-checked my map,
- As I recalled my father's last words,
- As the moon burned bright above,
- My lips cracked and covered in sand,
- My memory slipping away from me,
- Putting the faded photo in my pocket,
- With fate guiding my every move,
- With the desert stretching behind me,
List of Second LinesEdit
- I dismounted my camel,
- I drained the rest of my canteen,
- I furrowed my brow,
- I paid my Bedouin guide,
- I squinted into the darkness,
- I squeezed the whip at my side,
- I spotted the cave's entrance,
- I strode valiantly toward my destiny,
List of Third LinesEdit
- And a cold chill took hold of me.
- And felt the gods smiling upon me.
- And held my hat against the wind.
- And swore I heard voices up ahead.
- And that's when it all started.
- And thought of her one last time.
- And vowed to return victorious.
- And wondered how long I'd be below.