Pew, pew, pew!
|Function:||Powerful, long-range attacks.|
|Cost:||$4500 + 500|
|Notes:||Produces light when fired.|
The Pistol is a long-range weapon that fires a single bullet on a straight trajectory. Each shot deals 4 hitpoints of damage.
The Pistol can be bought in Weapon Shops and found semi-rarely in crates. Pistols bought in shops cost 4500 plus an additional 500 for every level past the first.
While generally considered somewhat inferior to the Shotgun, the pistol is still a powerful weapon. It has its uses, as follows:
- It is able to destroy pots and most non-boss enemies from a range with a single shot.
- With some skills, it can be used to kill the boss enemies. At 4 damage a shot, however, the pace is guaranteed to be slower than using bombs or the Shotgun.
- It is significantly cheaper to purchase than the shotgun.
- Pistols have a faster reload/fire rate than the Shotgun, making them slightly better at compensating for poor aim, or providing light in dark levels with their muzzle flash.
- It is possible to kill Shopkeepers with the Pistol that is stocked in their Weapon shop. Although it won't kill them instantly, they will be stunned long enough for you to fire another shot, and this can be repeated until they are dead. It takes 5 shots to put a Shopkeeper down for good.
The following video demonstrates the above. Note, however, that it has become much easier to do this since the video was made.