Treasure is a general term for the collection of items that increase your money score when picked up.
There are many kinds of treasure that can be found lying around on the ground, stuck inside rock walls, dropped by certain enemies upon defeat, or - on the rare occasion of a Golden Scarab - flying around in dark levels or in the City of Gold .
Treasure is collected simply by touching it. It does not have to be picked up deliberately, like other items.
As a basic rule, the value of each item increases by 25% of its original value in each area, with the exception of special items such as the Golden Idol. Note that multiple items can overlap each other, appear as one, but yield much more.
Types of TreasureEdit
|Stack of Gold Bars||$1500||$1875||$2250||$2625||$3000|
|Small Gold Nugget||$100||$125||$150||$175||$200|
|Large Gold Nugget||$500||$625||$750||$875||$1000|
*There are no vaults in Hell, so this valuation may be entirely theoretical.
- Gold Bars are found lying on the ground in singles or stacks of three.
- Gold Nuggets can be found in Pots or excavated by destroying blocks with gold veins in them. The Golden Monkey poops both large and small gold nuggets. Shopkeepers drop four large gold nuggets when killed. Lighting a wall sconce in a dark level will produce three small gold nuggets.
- Small Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies can be found in chests and are pooped out by the Golden Monkey.
- Large Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies can be found lying on the ground, embedded inside rock, inside chests or occasionally found in pots. Many minibosses also drop large gems when defeated. Both large and small Sapphires can sometimes drop from the blue lights on the Mothership.
- Natural Diamonds, though rare, can be found in chests guarded by Shopkeepers in Vaults
- Ghosted Diamonds can be found when the Ghost passes over large gems lying on the ground. This does not happen if the gem is embedded in rock.
- The Golden Crown is found only inside the Royal Tomb in Restless Dead levels
- Golden Idols are found on trapped pedestals in any of the five main areas
- The Crystal Skull is found only inside catacombs on Restless Dead levels.
- Scarabs are found in Dark levels and inside the City of Gold.
- The Giant Idol is received for defeating Olmec and finishing a run on level 4-4.
- The Golden Trophy is received for defeating King Yama and finishing a run on level 5-4.
- If two or more players (including Hired Hand) pick up treasure at the same exact time, every player will collect the treasure, allowing to get double or more score from a single treasure.
- If a stack of three Gold Bars is whipped by the player, it will turn into three Gold Ingots, with the right timing is possible to pick up both, the three Gold Bar stack and the three Gold Ingots, allowing the player to get twice as much from Gold Stacks.